My Own Color Inspiration Challenge at Papercraft Star!

9.07.2011

Today, I am super excited because the challenge at Papercraft Star is a color inspiration designed by little 'ol me! I have always wanted to create some color challenges and sketches and was thrilled that Jan gave me the opportunity over at Papercraft Star.

My first color challenge for September is inspired by a few holidays this month - Labor Day and Patriots Day. So it's only natural for our colors to be red, white and blue!


And here is the card I created for the challenge...


I am sure most of you all know someone serving overseas, a retired vet, or has a personal hero. This card was inspired by the hero's in our lives. Those who give, those who are selfless and those who are brave. They deserve much more than a card, but thanking them every chance we get is a start!


I used the Friendship Jar Summer Fillers set from Papertrey Ink, colored with Copics and added sprinkles of glitter. Then, I stamped "hero" across the top of my card. 


I wrapped the little jar in hemp cord and added a little tag from Blank Backgrounds over at The House Across the Bay. I love the lined paper in this set and will continue to use it again and again!

Now if you are feeling inspired by my color inspiration board, I would be flattered to have you play along with us at Papercraft Star! Link up your red, white, and blues!

You have until Monday, September 12 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern) to play along, share your creation, and have the chance to win some goodies from The House Across the Bay!



Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers: (Rocket Age) October Afternoon; Red Lace: Little Red Cottage on Etsy; Stamps: (Friendship Jar Summer Fillers) Papertrey Ink, (Alphabet) Hampton Art; Tag: (Blank Backgrounds) The House Across the Bay





7 comments:

  1. So cute! I think this is a great color challenge. I think my PTI basket set would be great for this. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love this card! That little tag is perfect! Love the colors you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, Kim,I love the colors you've picked! Your card is adorable and whoever the recipient is, she/he is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Really special ! You did something really magic with all your colors and papers. Every week I am so thrilled that we snagged you at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card Kim! Your card design is just fabulous and the theme couldn't be more true. Gorgeous as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is truly spectacular! I love every bit of it! Hehehe I loved the color inspiration too! Actually all the ones you've done for the rest of the year too :)
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! I love the word "hero" stamped across the top and the cute little tag. Such a great use of the colors too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete