New Sketch at Papercraft Star!

9.21.2011

I am very honored that Jan, Miss Administrator Queen herself, has allowed me to create a few sketches for the challenges at Papercraft Star! I wanted to create sketches that were simple enough for a beginner cardmaker, but flexible enough to allow either a clean and simple (CAS) style cardmaker or someone like me who enjoys lots of layers.

Anyway, here is my first sketch. Pretty simple, but I do hope you like it and will want to play along with us at Papercraft Star by creating a card based on my first sketch.


Notice I created the sketch to match the color theme of the Papercraft Star blog? Oh, yeah! lol

Anyway, here is my take on this sketch...


I am still enjoying my new papers from My Mind's Eye. They are the Lost & Found Sunshine collection. The warm, rich colors are making me so ready for fall, ready to curl up on the couch for family movie night (something my son wants to do every night)!


I layered up my Spellbinder die cuts and used the smaller label stamp from Waltzingmouse's Holiday Labels No. 14 (a staple stamp for me). I used thick twine from my fiance's tool box. Ok, I took it and don't plan on returning it. Tee hee! Who knew I would find such crafty things from the tool box?

Then, I used the most gorgeous butterfly from The House Across the Bay. I love the way it compliments my papers perfectly! Don't you think?

Well that's my take on my own sketch. I do hope you will want to play along. Here are the details...


Create a card based on this sketch...


You have until Monday, September 26 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern) to link up your creations. The Design Team will select the winner who will receive two digital collage sheets of their choice from our sponsor, The House Across the Bay. The runner up will receive one collage sheet of their choice. 

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Cardstock: (Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream) Clear and Simple Stamps; (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Lost & Found: Sunshine) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Holiday Labels No. 14) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Communique Curves) Papertrey Ink
Butterfly: (Butterfly Collage 062) The House Across the Bay



10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love sketches. Fabulous job sweetie. I love your papers and WM image. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on that sketch, Kim! You are so multi-talented, my friend! I hope to try to play along. :)
    Love your card. That paper is just my favorite, favorite these days. Love the label stamp and sweet sentiment and butterfly, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, obviously I am just missing the boat on the MME papers cause i just keep seeing more and more stunning cards like this created with them. I guess I'm going to have to buy one of each! :-) Beautiful job my friend!
    P.S. I loved working with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I am embarrassed to say this ? (just a teeny bit) I bought 9, yes 9, new MME 6x6 books, and I think the last four I didn't even look at, I just took them. Some of my most favorite paper, ever. Great sketch Kim too, and one I know I will use again and again. Those are the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim your card is so fabulous!!! Definitely love the papers too :) I had to do a double, then triple take on the butterfly because I had not noticed it in Rilly's collection. I have no idea how I've missed it! Lol
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim that butterfly does go perfectly with the papers! I loved, loved, LOVED the sketch! You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Kim! I just adore the paper you used, beautiful, and there is something about buttons that I just love. The addition of the bow and the butterfly are perfect! You sketch is fabulous as are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great sketch Kim! love the pretty dots and plaid papers you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim, this is stunning! Love that sentiment panel and butterfly! All the elements are just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is indeed a gorgeous sketch Kim... and the card you created is equally so!!!

    ReplyDelete