Welcome Fall! Kraft Journal Challenge 37

9.19.2011

I am so excited about the newest challenge this week happening at The Kraft Journal! Our theme this week for you to play along with is "Welcome Fall!" What a perfect introduction for the cooler weather that's coming and a welcome into the holiday season that is just around the corner.

Cozy slippers, hot apple cider, and knitted scarves...here I come!


My scalloped shaped card was created using Buff Ivory cardstock from The Kraft Outlet and my Cricut (hello, Cricut! it's been a long time!). I then created a soft background by stamping autumn leaves using Clear and Simple Stamps, Fall Studio collection. Gorgeous set, I must say!

Next, I layered Venice Gaffer Tape with a fabric texture and some pretty burlap trim.


I just really wanted to get a close up of that sentiment. Isn't the font just the prettiest? To add some sparkle, I used an amazing flea market find - a pretty vintage button with rhinestones. I scored a great deal on a bag full of them and I just adore them! I wonder who they once belonged to? I imagine they were once attached to a lovely cashmere sweater. Although now, I think it's just a lovely sitting atop my ribbon and embellished with Brown Kraft Baker's Twine

Well that's my take on our "Welcome Fall" challenge this week. What's your take? I hope you'll play along with us and share your fall themed creations with us at The Kraft Journal! Remember that followers of the Kraft Journal who play along will be eligible to be featured during the "Feature Me Fridays" posts as well as be entered to win a $15.00 Kraft Outlet store voucher! 


     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   





10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kim! Such a pretty fall creation. LOVE the scalloped shape and love the paper you used. the gaffer tape and burlap and such great touches, and I just adore the old button and seam binding bow. Gorgeous stamped sentiment label and leaves, too. Did I leave anything out?? Don't think so because I just love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning fall creation! Love how you framed the sentiment and the addition of the leaves on this shaped card just tops it off. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shaped card and those leaves are to die for... perfect project in every single way!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim! So much detail and oh those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful card, great combo of elements. I love vintage buttons and pins too. This one is perfect for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love it in every way...the colors, the leaves, the sentiment!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, so pretty, Kim! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I just might have to invest in that Cricut cartride cause that shape is beee-utiful! Love the pretty leaves and the other lovely embellishments. It's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Kim! I love the sentiment and those glittery fall leaves are the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Love the leaves and the sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete