All Hallow's Eve at Papercraft Star

10.19.2011

Halloween is almost here! I just love watching the kids during their quest for the biggest bag of Halloween candy! I love that they get so competitive and yet, the next morning, they forget they even have any candy. That's when it's time for mama to have a peek and take out all the Snickers, Twix, and Smarties. hee hee hee!

Today at Papercraft Star is a new challenge and our theme is none else than Halloween! Whoo hoo!

Here is what I came up with...


I started by creating my own background using the little stars from Rock-A-Bye by Clear and Simple Stamps. Who would have thought that a baby themed stamp would work so perfectly for a Halloween card! I then stamped by sentiment in a stormy blue color using Pink Paislee's Twilight

I just love this little advertising image from our sponsor, The House Across the Bay. I used the shop's Animals in Advertising collage sheet because I thought the little cats were spooky enough for our Halloween theme! 

I then added some orange ribbon and tied pretty blue buttons in Trendsetter Blue (also from Clear and Simple Stamps). I just love how the buttons match the ink for my sentiment! 


My patterned papers is from Cosmo Cricket's Matilda collection. I used a scalloped border punch and adhered to my card using a zig zag stitch. 


Now here are the details of our challenge so you can play along...


Challenge 67: A trick or a treat! Anything haunted!




     
Supplies:                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   






5 comments:

  1. Wow Kim you make Halloween look so beautiful! I just love that image with the dainty seam binding on each side, and those buttons are perfect!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fun card, with just a little twist on Halloween colors. So elegant too ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the colors! Pink Paislee is definately one of my favorite! Love the sentiment!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Black cats are creepy no matter what setting. :-) You have such a great eye for picking out things that aren't obvious but totally fit. Your card is fantastic Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Miss Kim! Wonderful card! I love the red, orange and yellow with the touch of blue... great color combo. The add is purrrfect! lol :)

    ReplyDelete