All Occasion Mini Card Set for Papercraft Star

10.12.2011

Hello everyone! Today is a new challenge at Papercraft Star! And I just love today's theme! This time, we are welcoming autumn by using leaves on our creations. 

Here is what I came up with...


I decided to stray from the "traditional" fall theme because I was in need of some all occasion cards. I found my inspiration from the oober talented, Danielle Flanders and used the "leaf" theme to create a set of mini cards that can be customized for any occasion. Notice I left out the sentiments?


Instead of a sentiment, I thought it would be a good idea to insert a small manila tag into my envelope. They will be perfect when a last minute occasion comes up and I am without a card. All I will have to do is either stamp a sentiment on the tag or write a special little note on it. 


I filled each envelope with leaves, a large flower, and Secret Garden images from The House Across the Bay. I punched small little holes into each image to create a little button tied with twine. 

Now here are the details so you can play along in the challenge too...


Challenge 66: Include a Leaf!


You have until Monday, October 17 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern time) to link up your creations. The Design Team will announce the winner on Tuesday to receive two free digi collage sheets from The House Across the Bay!


     
         
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   



7 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful, Kim! Love the design with the little envelope holding those tags and the leaves. And what gorgeous flowers. Love the buttons you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, no one said they had to be fall leaves ! Great idea to have these ready - all the cards we create, but then we hafta make a new one for this new occasion - funny. The buttons are darling !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttons! Buttons! I love handmade buttons and you used the digi images for them! Pure genius girl! Okay, I have to make a card I can use that idea on now. :-) thanks for the idea! Your little cards are so cute and versatile. Love em'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful array of cards! I love the little buttons and the envelopes! You always do such lovely work!!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made several cards without any sentiments. They are so lovely and would make a great gift for a non crafty friend or perhaps a grandparent. Love the bitty envelope and tag tucked inside!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set of cards Kim! The flowers are so pretty and I love your use of the little envelopes, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful idea to make for all occasion cards. Great for spontinaity and I just love the little envelopes with the tags!

    ReplyDelete