Anything Goes Challenge at the Kraft Journal!

10.24.2011

Today opens a new challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. This time, it's Anything Goes! That's right, just create anything using kraft cardstock or products from The Kraft Outlet and link it up!

I took advantage of our challenge this week to create a birthday card for my mother-in-law. Since she's already received this card, it's safe to post it here on my blog. lol!


I started with a Light Kraft coverweight cardstock and added layers of beautiful patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. I am sad to say that I only have a few scraps left of this gorgeous paper. I might have to buy one more 6x6 paper pad because I enjoyed creating with it so much!


I used the music notes from the Steampunk Victoriana Rubbings, then I stamped her birthday with an old date stamp. I stamped my sentiment and cut it out to adhere to the label with foam tape and added a turquoise flower ribbon and a double-strand of Brown Kraft Baker's Twine. I love the vintage-style of this card!

Well that's my take on our "Anything Goes" challenge this week - perfect for allowing me the time to create a birthday card! I hope you'll play along with us and share your creation at The Kraft Journal! Remember that followers of the Kraft Journal who play along will be eligible to be featured during the "Feature Me Fridays" posts as well as be entered to win a $15.00 Kraft Outlet store voucher! 








4 comments:

  1. This is so, so gorgeous, Kim! Such a beautiful design. And I am right there with you.....absolutely love that MME paper. Such a stunning, vintage style here. Fabulous mixed stitching. Love the fussy cut label and the fabric flower. Love the cut work on the sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, stunning, love all the elements, just beautiful. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet she smiled when she got this. :-) Gorgeous Kim! Cool use of the rub on and I love all the different shapes and textures. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Kim! I love how you used the date stamp and the layering of the sentiment over the book paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete