Christmas Wishes! Another Waltzingmouse Sketch!

10.29.2011

Ok, so technically it's just a couple days until Halloween, but why not get started now on the Christmas cards! After all, the holidays get so busy that staying ahead of the rush sounds like a good plan to me!

Here is a new card I created for the latest challenge at the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog...


I was so excited when my new stamps arrived that I knew they would be perfect for today's sketch. I just adore Claire's design of  a Cottage Christmas stamps. In fact, all of her designs...seriously gorgeous! 

I added tinsel glitter for snow and used colored pencils this time. I like that the pencils gave a softer look. 


I stamped my sentiment and little snowflakes from the Very Vintage Christmas set and cut it out into the shape of a little tag. And I just love that little button too from Crate Paper. It looks like a candy cane! 

Speaking of candy canes...does anyone out there know of a good Peppermint Bark recipe they'd like to share? I can of course use Google to search out recipes, but I thought I'd ask if you know a good one. 

Williams Sonoma makes a good batch of Peppermint Bark, but I thought I'd put my apron on this year and make my own. 


So are you ready to take on a super amazing challenge? Here is the sketch the Mischief Makers are playing along with this week. I do hope you'll join us! It's a great chance to win a stamp set of your choice from Waltzingmouse or have your card picked as the Top Mouse! Have fun creating everyone!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! This is just so pretty. I love the way you've coloured the cottage and the tinsel glitter is perfect for the snowy roof. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete