A Halloween Hat for Waltzingmouse

10.15.2011

A new sketch has been posted over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog today! And oh my goodness, I have never seen any other sketch like it! Claire is really giving us something fun to strike up the inspiration!

The sketch is based on a hat - either a witch's hat, maybe a santa hat, an elf! Anything!

I decided to create a little Halloween hat...


Now wouldn't this little hat be so fun to wear when all the little trick or treaters come knocking at the door for candy! I don't dress up for Halloween, but since I created this hat, I may as well wear it! lol! I can see my family rolling their eyes at me already. 

Or instead...

Maybe I can have our little dog wear it. She would look mighty cute in this little hat! Awe - I can see it now! How adorable!


I used four different stamps from Waltzingmouse onto this party hat template. I even used a Christmas stamp! lol! 

That's just one reason of many reasons I love Claire's stamps - you get so many little bits and pieces full of detail. And they are perfect to mix and match! See all the little stars and starbursts, flourishes and bats? I love 'em!


So if you're ready for a really good challenge, here is the sketch the Mischief Makers are playing along with this week. I do hope you'll join us! It's a great chance to win a stamp set of your choice from Waltzingmouse! Who wouldn't want that? Nobody, that's who!











7 comments:

  1. Kim your hat is so awesome! I am in awe of the colors! The big orange flower with the purple one and ribbon...swoon!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! Love the soft orange and really pretty decoration on you witch hat! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun stampings on your pretty hat Kim! love the top fluff and the flowers - very dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabby girl, this is awesome...really like your witchy poo hat...teehehehe

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab project, a great hat! Nice colour too, looks fabulous with the gorgeous big blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!!! Love all the detailed stamping on the hat and ribbon/flower combo is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete