Happy Halloween at CAS-ual Fridays!

10.18.2011

Hi everyone! I know it's late into the evening, but I wanted to hop in quickly and share a card I created for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

This is my first time playing along. And to be quite honest, that's because I get nervous when creating anything CAS. I always admire other CAS cards I see, but when I try - let's face it...I always add layers, ribbon, and lots of embellishments.

So here's my attempt as CAS...


Okay...is my attempt at least decent? I tried. lol!

I added a little distressing around the edges, stamped some text background, a simple sentiment, then adhered a flourished label. The witch is a simple sticker. No fussy cutting for me tonight, thank you! 


So, even if this card is not my typical style, I sure had fun creating it. Especially since it only took a few minutes! 

Have a great evening everyone!

I will be back early in the morning to share another card for the newest Papercraft Star challenge. See you then!



10 comments:

  1. Absolutely FABULOUS Halloween card! So beautiful and spooky at the same time! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect Kim! I adore everything about it, perfectly 'put together'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is CAS perfection Kim! LOVE the distressing and that witch! What a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE Kim! You're such a diverse stamper! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work, I love the sparkle!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. So many tiny details to look at, yet a perfect CAS card. Your distressing is spot on and really kicks this card up a notch.Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Fridays this week!
    Oh, and I love the font on your blog. Would you share with me what it is?
    granolagirltoo at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh.... love the glitter on the witch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABulous!! Love every detail and you totally nailed CAS :) So glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. This card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim this card is amazing! I love the distressing and the script background! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete