Lavish Layers at The Kraft Journal! Yay!

10.03.2011

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. We decided last minute to hit the road for a quick camping trip with the family. It was sure fun to be spontaneous and be outdoors, play bocci ball, badminton, and go fishing. Oh! And the s'mores were definitively the highlight of our trip! lol

Anyway, today I am so excited about the challenge this week at The Kraft Journal - Lavish Layers! Yay! I love to use layers on all my cards. And since I am still in Halloween mode, I created a lavishly layered Halloween card for our challenge.


Isn't this fun? I used lots of trim and ribbon, with that gorgeous Vintage Dictionary Paper from The Kraft Outlet. The layers remind me of a vintage dress with ruffles all over it. So pretty!


I embellished my ribbon with Black Baker's Twine (love this stuff!) and two Memo Stick Pins.


I then added even more layers (lol) by using foam tape and a Halloween Bingo Card and Black Apothecary Sticker Label from Jenni Bowlin. Did you know that The Kraft Outlet carries Jenni Bowlin too? Yep! Babette's shop is full of little goodies.

Well that's my take on our "Lavish Layers" challenge this week. I hope you'll play along with us and share your layered creations at The Kraft Journal! Remember that followers of the Kraft Journal who play along will be eligible to be featured during the "Feature Me Fridays" posts as well as be entered to win a $15.00 Kraft Outlet store voucher! 








8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card, Kim! So many gorgeous layers here! Love how you mixed the dictionary pages with all the trims and love the dimension on the bingo card and the label sticker. Everything about this is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I love the layers and pretty seam binding. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dictionary pages are such a great addition - love the ruffled look! And, that smiling moon is such a great background for those fun layers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous, Kim!! I just adore all the amazing layers...especially all that gorgeous trim! This is definitely layer-licious!! Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card looks good enough to eat girl! All that ruffly yumminess. umm umm Amazing job on this project Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card!!! Love the mix of all these elements...works perfectly together!! Also, reminded me I have some of that orange polka-dotted ribbon!

    ReplyDelete