My Last Hurrah...

10.26.2011

Well my friends, today is bittersweet for me. This will be my last creation as part of the Design Team at Papercraft Star. I have decided to end my term after being with the team for almost one year. 

Although I will not be part of the regularly scheduled weekly challenges, you will be sure to see me popping in every now and then to play along in their challenges, which I adore!

This was not an easy decision for me to make. Mainly because I adore the ladies on the team to pieces. They are sweethearts that hold many talents (each so different) and who I am proud to have shared the past year with. 

So now, let's get to the card I've created for our challenge this week...


This card is my favorite Halloween card to date. I just love how it turned out! I love the crisp white background with the pretty layers of ribbon and that gorgeous plum colored flower. 

I created this card based on a sketch that I designed for this week's Challenge 68 at Papercraft Star. I do hope you will want to play along...


I can see this sketch with pumpkins for fall, leaves instead of circles, buttons, flowers...anything! Or the sentiment could be replaced with layers of trim or ribbon. Just have fun with it!


I used several different stamp sets for this card, including my go-to stamp, Bannerific, from Lawn Fawn. There's nothing like a happy little banner! I stamped "trick or treat" from Papertrey Ink's Boo to You set - a perfect fit inside the banner.


The rest of the stamps, including the flourished circle, spooky cat, and cobwebs are from Papertrey Ink's Spooky Sweets II set. Another one of my favorite stamp sets. I added layers of ribbon and trim onto a journal card from The House Across the Bay called, Blank Backgrounds - perfect for creating tags, journaling or using as a background paper.

So if you're ready to play along with the sketch...here it is again in case you forgot. lol!


Challenge 68: Sketch


I will be sure to stop by each and every one of your blogs that play along this week. I can't wait to see what you'll create! It's a great chance to win some free goodies from our sponsor, The House Across the Bay (my favorites from the shop are Blank Backgrounds, Botanical Roses, and Butterflies Collage). 

And to Jan, Tracy, Regan, Jennifer, and Anitra...thank you for everything! You've been nothing but wonderful!









5 comments:

  1. Boo hoo hoo hoo! Can you hear my heart breaking. sniff sniff We're going to miss having you on the team so much. You have been such a huge asset to our diversity. This card is a perfect example of your creative genius. You can always put the best trims together. :-)
    You'd better come back and play or we'll hunt you down! LOL
    Huge hugs and best wishes to you Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card to go with a gorgeous sketch ! I am going to miss you so very much - I cannot even tell you how much. Broken hearted I am. I am with Tracy tho, best wishes and warmest hugs to you, my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (sad face) Kim it is always fun being inspired by your creations. Your cards encourage others to try new things. I know I will miss your creativity with THATB images. This card is just so lovely. I just adore how you make Halloween look like an elegant celebration.

    Big Hug,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning card Kim! I adore all the trims and the design is fabulous! And I am with Anitra, you do make Halloween look like an elegant celebration. I am so sad that you are leaving us. I will miss you a ton, you have provided such inspiration to me and so many others. I will be sure to stop by your blog and visit. Best wishes and big hugs, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kim, I'm sad this was your last Hurrah with us :(
    I certainly will continue to follow you, I still need to perfect those fabulous shabby chic bows ;)
    Your card is perfectly executed!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete