Watch Us Wednesday - Give Thanks

11.09.2011

Hi everyone! It's Wednesday - time for our weekly Watch Us Wednesday feature at The Kraft Journal!

Our theme for this week's challenge is "Give Thanks."

In keeping with our theme, today I will be sharing with you a quick and easy tutorial for giving thanks and showing your appreciation by creating a fall-themed gift card tutorial.

My mom is such a big helper and I wanted to thank her for spending time with my kiddos this past week during their fall break from school. I know they had fun going to the bookstore, watching movies, and spending time with grandma. To show my appreciation, I wanted to give my mom a little gift card to her favorite coffee shop.

Using products from The Kraft Outlet made it so easy!


I gathered my supplies: some Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock, a paper doily, Brown Kraft Baker's Twine, Venice Gaffer Tape, leaves, some buttons, and a Small Glassine Bag.


Place your gift card inside the Glassine Bag and fold down just over the top of the gift card. Place a strip of Gaffer Tape starting at the seam of the fold, down to the bottom of the Glassine Bag. Trim your paper doily in half, then apply a thin coat of Glimmer Mist to turn the white paper doily into a pretty orange color. Blot with a towel to dry, then affix to the folded seam of the bag. Trim off the excess.

Oh! And by the way! I just love the size of these Glassine Bags - they are the perfect size for gift cards!


Wrap a layer of baker's twine around the Glassine Bag to hold it all in place. Use a scalloped border punch to cut out a piece of Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock. Gather your favorite leaf and a pretty button.


Ink the edges of the scalloped circle. I used a hint of orange, mixed with brown distress ink. I love the fiery glow it has! Affix the scalloped circle to the top of the Glassine Bag, followed by the leaf, then button. 

Next, stamp your sentiment onto the Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and trim around the edges of the letters. Adhere the sentiment to the leaf using dimensional foam tape for a little pop.  


And that's it! A super quick way to give thanks and show your appreciation with a little gift! I know my mom will love this little surprise! Hee hee!

I hope you'll play along with our "Give Thanks" challenge this week at The Kraft JournalRemember that followers of the Kraft Journal who play along are eligible to be featured during the "Feature Me Fridays" posts as well as be entered to win a $15.00 Kraft Outlet store voucher! The more challenges you enter, the better your chances of winning! Good luck to everyone!

Have a very "thankful" kind of day!







5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful way to show appreciation to your mum, what a beautifully packaged gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's just adorable! What a fun way to give that gift card. I bet your mom will like the package as much as the gift. :-) Love it Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little package for a gift card! I'll have to get some of those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, the embellishments are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete