For My Sweetheart

1.14.2012

Well, I am having a bit of computer trouble. It won't stay powered on longer than a few minutes. So I've rushed to get these photos posted in draft so that I can add text from my iPad. Sheesh!

Anyway, on to the fun stuff! A new sketch for you to play along with at Waltzingmouse! Yay!


I think this is such a great sketch because it allowed me to use up some of my scraps. And I know that we all have those scraps laying around! I used some bits from My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Blush. A great compliment to Waltzingmouse's Sweethearts stamp set. So sweet for Valentine's Day around the corner. 


I also wanted to share the card I created for last week's sketch. I wasn't able to post it because of all the computer trouble. Grrr...



In January we celebrate lots of birthdays - my kiddos' and my own. I thought this would be a fun little card to give to my son for his big day. It might be the last year I can make him a "kid" themed card (he's growing so fast!). 

I used fun papers from October Afternoon's Rocket Age and paired it up with Half Pint Heros stamps from Waltzingmouse. Then, I stamped the inside with a matching sentiment. 



Well, I'm glad to have finally gotten this posted on my blog. Even though it took me way too long!

But the good news is that I'm getting ready to head out for the weekend. My birthday is coming up and hubby is taking me on a little road trip. My favorite!

Have a great weekend everyone! And I'll see you at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week! 




For My Sweetheart Card:



Birthday Rocket:


6 comments:

  1. Kim your Sweethearts card is, well, TOTAL SWEETNESS! I just love the layered hearts on the doily die cut, the gingham sentiment panel with the pink lace, and the lovely mix of patterned papers that you used for your background. Now THIS is what I call a classic Valentine:)! PS...Your rocket card is SO adorable from last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - I really like the colours on your sweetheart card and the fab papers. Just gorgeous.

    And the little heroes - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine is just gorgeous Kim! Love the muted colors with that pretty pop of the white die cut.
    Yes, unfortunately our kiddies grow up too fast, but I bet he'll love this card. It's so much fun.
    Hugs to ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on the new sketch....beautiful together!!! Buttons on the hearts are perfect!!, never had a chance to comment on "rocket boy" but, it's wonderful...made my heart glad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, love, love love the Valentine card...your colors and the ribbon is just beautiful...and Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with a nice vintage feel. Thanks for the inspiration Kim!

    ReplyDelete