Runway Inspired Challenge

1.17.2012

So this is my first time playing along with a challenge at Runway Inspired. It was great reason for me to break out my new stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps, who happens to be the sponsor this week for the challenge!

And I've created something totally outside my element for this challenge...I've gone CAS! It's a style I really struggle with, but admire so much. In fact, some of my favorite cards I see around are CAS. How I wish I had the ability to feel a bit more comfortable in this style.

I think this card is a good start for me.



I was inspired by the rainbow pattern of the dress and decided to create my own little rainbow patterned background. I used Hearts Plus to stamp those cute mini hearts, then die cut the large heart from Shapes: Hearts Die Cuts Combo in the center.


I then used A Blanc Check Heavy White Cardstock (120 lb. yes-ir-see!) and stamped my sentiment and a cute clover from Lucky Charm. To add a little something special, I topped the clover with a little green jewel. (just like the shoes in the photo).

source: vogue.com

I must say, this sure was a fun challenge for me to try. I hope to play along again real soon!

Cardstock: A Blanc Check Heavy Cardstock
Stamps: Lucky Charm, Hearts Plus
Die Cut: Shapes - Hearts Die Cuts Combo


9 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow of hearts with the negative heart cut out - fabulous! You do CAS beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is great! You are seriously rocking the CAS. So glad you could join us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful CAS...I too, sorta struggle with CAS...I love the shabby, vintage, "lots of cool stuff" styles...I do really like this card. On a side note, I received the absolutely beautiful crinkle ribbons...just gorgous! I will definitely be coming back to your zibbet shop in the very near future! Thanks so much for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you can no longer claim not to be good at CAS because this is AWESOME. Love it so much! And so glad you played with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - this is just fabulous. I love the little gem on the clover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the hearts background stamp using a rainbow of colors, it looks totally awesome on a white background. You are now a CAS rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning. How did I miss this. I love the multitude of layers and the beautiful rainbow background. The focal shamrock and sentiment is perfection!

    ReplyDelete