Waltzingmouse Challenge - Vintage Style

1.28.2012

It's been a windy, windy day today. So I've stayed inside creating in my craft room hoping that the wind doesn't blow the roof off the house! lol!

But the good news is that today is a new challenge over at Waltzingmouse! And I am excited to share this little vintage style creation with all of you! Here is my take on the sketch...


I used a total of four Waltzingmouse stamps. Starting with Text It, I stamped a pretty script background then distressed the white cardstock to add a warm glow. I then heat embossed a pretty flourish in a soft lavender color.


Next, I stamped a scalloped border using Dainty Doilies and popped it onto my cardstock with dimensional foam tape. The dress form was created using You're Lovely and a bit of paper piecing using more Text It backgrounds. 

And don't you just love that ribbon? It's a new color I've been experimenting with and I love how pretty and soft it turned out!


Take a look at our sketch for this week! The Mischief Makers Design Team really outdid themselves this week. Take a look at their amazing creations using this sketch and then play along! There is a chance you could win a stamp set of your choice from Waltzingmouse just for playing along in the challenge!  

Happy crafting! 





2 comments:

  1. So elegant! I do like the texty background with lovely flourish, and the text bodice is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You rocked this sketch. All the stamps and embellishments you used are so lovely and soft especially the ribbon. Great job hope you have a great weekend and can keep your feet on the ground lol.

    ReplyDelete