Waltzingmouse Sketch #87

3.03.2012

Hello everyone. Long time, no see! Just kidding! After being absent from my blog, I've sure been making up for it. Seems like I've been posting for several days in a row and I have no plans of slowing down for a while!

Today, opens a new sketch challenge over at Waltingmouse! And it's created my our very own Miss Renee Lynch! She is one sweet lady with a super love for the craft. I can tell just by all the fun things she creates week-after-week. I hope you stop by her blog and have a look! Her projects really make you say to yourself, "Now why didn't I think of that?"


Anyway, onto my creation based on Renee's sketch. I used two stamps sets from Waltzingmouse to create my card: Roses in Bloom for those pretty flowers and Off Beat Backgrounds for the chevron stripes. 

I thought it was fitting to stamp this card with a simple sentiment..."Mom." My own mom always had roses in our garden when I was growing up. She taught me the correct way to prune them and told me that during my birthday week was always the best time to prune your roses (can you guess what month that is?).


I also used some fun chevron striped ribbon from May Arts to wrap around the edges of my card. Kind of gives it that wrapped-like-a-present look.

So if you're up for some crafting time this weekend, grab your favorite Waltzingmouse stamps and join us this week! Your creation could be the Top Mouse pick of the week or you could even win a stamp set of your choice just for playing along. 

And with new stamps just released in the Waltzingmouse shop...I know you're going to want to play along!




2 comments:

  1. very pretty - great interpretation of the sketch. And the blooms are so rich with color - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers and thinking I need that chevron....yikes, one more on the list....it keeps growing!!! Love the ribbon you used for the corners!!!

    ReplyDelete