Hexagons & Honeybees | Clear and Simple Stamps Preview Day 1

4.30.2012

Can you believe it? Another month has passed and it's already time for another collection to be released at Clear and Simple Stamps. This collection has me way too excited for words. Let's put it this way...if you ever needed the "essentials" this collection has it! From flowers, shapes, nature, sentiments, fun images...Clear and Simple Stamps has got it all for this collection!

Today, the Design Team has created projects using a few of the newest stamps. Today, we are previewing the different "Shapes and Labels" stamps that will be available on May 5th in the CSS store.

I decided to let the Mini Hexagons set be my inspirational guide for my project...


Hexagons always remind me of honeycomb. I stamped a "honeycomb" background using the grid patterns from Mini Hexagons, then lightly stamped over it in the palest of script font using Quotes II. From this point, the rest of my project just fell into place with the help of this gorgeous vintage bee image! She is just one of the fabulous images, including the lavender blossoms that will be available in the Au Naturel stamp set. 


To keep this image looking "vintage," I stamped the bee directly onto patterned paper with music notes. I really love the way this has a soft, faded glow. It's the perfect compliment to my color combination of kraft, yellow, and purple. Just like lavender fields on a summer day!

Before you go, be sure to have a peek at what the other designers have created with "Shapes and Labels" as their inspiration. You're going to love their projects!




Stamps (available May 5th): Au Naturel, Au Naturel Extras, Mini Hexagons, Trinket Sentiments

6 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful, Kim! So soft and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your card is STUNNING down to every detail. You have done more than I hoped for with these sets. I Love the colors to start. And the hint of purple in the stamp just below the focal point is a perfect touch. Love the vintage feel. JUST STUNNING, KIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Kim! I've been seeing hexagons everywhere and am excited to see the new release!

    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are just gorgeous together Kim!! Love that little rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Kim...this is stunning! You really know how to make a beautifully soft, delicate, and luscious card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous. The purples are so calming and pretty. Lenae

    ReplyDelete