Celebrate Today and Always

4.08.2012

After the spending the day crafting with my friend Colleen yesterday, she encouraged me to create something for myself. For no other reason than just to create. I will admit, it's been a while since I've done that.

So here I am. Sharing some of my stamps that haven't had much love in a while. This time with the help of Crafty Secrets, I created a soft and sweet little card to keep in my craft room. Besides, I just adore anything with a silhouette. 


I decided to play along in a couple of challenges. I decided on CR84FN's lovely color challenge of pink, peach, and blue. Can't you tell I just adore these colors? Just look at my blog header to confirm my answer. ;)

I also followed the sketch from Card Patterns #160


I found some fun banner chipboard pieces in my stash and painted it with white acrylic paint, then blue distress ink over the edges. One of the reasons I love using acrylic paint is that it dries in seconds when you apply a thin coat. It sure makes stamping easier when the paint is dry! Trust me, I've learned that the hard way. 


Aren't those little girls so sweet just dancing along? This card definitely makes me smile. 

Well my friends, I must start getting ready for the week ahead. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter holiday!

           



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! your card is perfect in every detail. These are gorgeous colours, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous image Kim, I feel like skipping about with them too! Beautiful papers, and a lovely image.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious Kim. Glad you got to make something for YOU :) I so agree with Pauline, I want to jump right in and skip along too...adorable. Hugs - Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whimsical and airy look of your card! It's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Kim! Love the silhouettes! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a joyful and happy image - it's a really lovely card. Thank you for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so PRETTY! Love your crinkly peach ribbon and this adorable image of the sweet little girls skipping along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love you background paper... so soft and those kids are just adorable! Lovely!

    Blessings,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, what a FAB idea to create something for yourself! I just LOVE the sheet music background and the silhouette! Pretty bow and flower detail! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim, so soft and sweet. Love the stamped image of the children playing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it feels like they are having the whole world for themselves, no worries, no fear, just hopping around. What a great use of the colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, this is So Lovely! 8-) Just makes me smile! Love the Sweet image and Wonderful sheet music dp's and crinkly seem binding bow! Just Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO gorgeous, love the sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kim this is so SWEET! I love the silhouette image with the lovely girly embellishing. Love the fluffy bouquet, sentiment banner, and the little edge detail on the circle!

    ReplyDelete