Honeybee Favors & Invites | Clear and Simple Stamps Party Hop

4.04.2012

Hey friends! I'm back for the grand finale of the Release in Review featuring the newest products available at Clear and Simple Stamps. But that doesn't mean the fun is ending. The party is just getting started!

In fact, we are having a party hop! Each of the designers were asked to create projects featuring invitations and a party favor. Immediately, I thought "easy" since Clear and Simple Stamps has so many new die cuts that are perfect for gifts and favors. 


Yellow is such a trendy color right now. When I saw the hexagon stamps from Background Basics 1, I immediately thought of honeycomb and knew I wanted to have a yellow, honeybee-themed party. 


For my invitation, layers of crisp, white cardstock were stitched together followed by even more layers of ribbons and trims. 


Inside, I used the new set Party Elements: Baby - perfect for creating invitations and announcements. I masked the yellow border to stamp the honeycomb pattern from Background Basics, added a cute little honeybee from Punny Baby and a shower announcement from Baby Shower


And what would an invitation be without a matching envelope? This envelope was created to fit a thick embellished card without crushing it through the mail. I found that sending handmade cards in the mail was a challenge, especially mine since I always add ribbon and lots of layers. So I created my own template for thick embellished cards. You can view the tutorial and download the instructions in my original post here

A funny side note. I once saw that someone had nicknamed my envelope template as a "boxelope." I thought that was so clever!


I continued with the honeycomb theme by stamping the pattern onto the box and lid for my gift boxes using Party Favor 2 die cut. Just a few pieces of adhesive was all it took to assemble. To decorate, I added more layers of pretty ribbon, stick pins, and a pennant.

Here's how I created the pennant using the Banner 1 die...



I just love the end result! 


Now the fun doesn't end here! There's still more party ideas ahead. Head on over and see what amazing projects the design team came up with for you!


9 comments:

  1. Wowza, Kim! This is so pretty. Love the top of that cute, cute box favor. And the little banner flag tutorial is awesome. I love how the ends do not connect... nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo beautiful, im just loving your creations :) TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and elegant! I love the boxelope, and that little gift box with the flags is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is GORGEOUS! WOW! I love how you put the hexagon print on the box! And those roses? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so elegant and I absolutely ADORE them. Babies are cutesy but sometimes the momma needs something fancy to make her feel fabulous... this shower is a perfect fit. The soft colors are gorgeous and I am literally RUNNING to your tutorial for envelopes... how did you know I needed that in my life? ;) HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! Love that soft yellow ribbon and your "boxelope". How much extra postage does that usually require Kim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! Isn't that "boxelope" the best? I don't know know how I ever sent cards without it. The postage will require two stamps because it exceeds the thickness for a single stamp. But the cool thing about it is that the post office won't run it through the machine so it doesn't get crushed.

      Delete
  7. How elegant! Love the muted colors with the yellow bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little set is so sweet! The honeycombs are perfect!!! Love that they have coordinating dies!

    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete