Celebrate | Shaped for Shabby Tea Room

5.17.2012

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've played along in any challenges. Since I've been fighting bronchitis for the past two weeks, I haven't had much energy to craft. I really needed a dose of inspiration to go with all the doses of medicine I've been taking.

But in between all the naps I've had, I found my inspiration from the challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. Even though this card took me an entire day to create between all the napping (lol!), here is what I came up with for the challenge...


I used my Cricut to cut this shaped card and pretty papers from the Dear Lizzy collection. I just love this collection and its bright, happy colors. 


I also used stamps from the latest collection at Clear and Simple Stamps, including the Labels 9 die. I love all the new coordinating stamps that work so well with the dies, especially the frame from Simply Stated 2. It makes it so easy to add a fun background, like this woodgrain pattern. 

Well that's my take on the challenge! A happy, bright and fun card (the total opposite of how I've been feeling). Now after creating the card and posting to the blog...it's time for another nap. Being sick is no fun at all! 


Challenge I am playing along with:
using colors from the photo




6 comments:

  1. Kim, your card is oh-so sweet and pretty -- LOVE! The little flag is precious and I adore the seam binding bow, papers and beautiful stamped frame - WOW! Thanks for sharing your talents with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the lace/velvet trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Kim! That brad in the middle of the bow is just the perfect final touch (visually that is)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, really sorry to hear that you have been feeling ill - I hope you feel better soon! Your round card is very pretty - love the scalloped edge, those pretty papers and the absolutely gorgeous stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! The colours are perfect! Thanks for sharing with The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete