CSS Group Project | Masculine & Feminine

5.07.2012

Welcome to the Clear and Simple Stamps group project for May! Today, the design team has been asked to use the same set of stamps to create projects in both a masculine and feminine style. With graduation and summer vacation already the talk of the house with my kids, I decided to create a pair of graduation cards - one for him, one for her.


To keep this simple, I grabbed my stack of Boarding Pass papers from October Afternoon for the base of each card. Then, I gathered my favorite stamps featuring stars from Clear and Simple Stamps - Sweet Dreams for the top border and the trio of stars from Taglines.


For my little guy, I used a mix of bold and soft blue ink for my stamping with just a hint of yellow. To repeat the chevron pattern of my paper, I found a matching twill ribbon to tie the look together. A simple button and burlap string was just the finishing touch.


For my daughter's card, I followed the same look - only changed the colors and choice of paper. I decided on what else but pink - of course! For her card, I chose a bright pink trim from Webster's Pages that already had pleats. This left all the fussy work out for me and I was able to adhere it to my card lickity-split!


I was so proud that I also followed the rule of three on these cards. It's a rule I don't follow often, but since I did it this one time, I wanted to make sure to point it out. Lol! 

Now it's time to head on over to the design team blogs and see what they've created using the masculine/feminine group project theme!






5 comments:

  1. I'm so in love! I am so happy you like the star border stamp!! You use it so well. I need to ink mine up! Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used bright colors for grad cards. I was needing some inspiration for grad cards as I have the same stamp set but wanted to try something different so I think I'll go bold and try some new color combos. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just LOVE these!! What a great idea, never would have thought to put the Sweet Dreams set together to make a graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors for graduation cards--and the addition of the starry border from the Sweet Dreams set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! Great design and color choices.

    ReplyDelete