Using Those Scraps | Waltzingmouse Sketch 97

5.19.2012

Hey everyone! It's time for a new sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. This time, Lynn Mercurio has come up with another sketch for us to try. And it's the perfect sketch for using up all those scrap pieces of paper you've been saving!


Since I am not very good at doing cards with a quilted block grid, I cheated (but only a little). To make this easier on me, I simply cut the square patterned papers from October Afternoon's Farmhouse collection, then matched up my sentiment from Back in the Saddle to fit in the center of my card. Then, I embellished with some Bitty Banners, a flower and pretty trim. 

Phew! That made this sketch so much easier for me to take on!

So how about you? Are you ready for the challenge? Gather up your scrap pieces of paper and let's see you link up your creations this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.





9 comments:

  1. Great take! Love the colours and the atmosphere of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card has a really pretty shabby chic look - you've nailed the sketch. It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those papers!! Excellent use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card, Kim! It has so many things on it that make me happy! I love any October Afternoon papers and then you went and paired them with that sweet sentiment! The flower and rose border together look wonderful with the design. Just so charming in every way...hey, that kinda sounds like YOU! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired to use some new papers with this sketch outline. Your card is so pretty! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collage you put together - so many pretty patterns that look perfect side by side! That gorgeous flowery trim - so pretty! Hugs from your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Kim I think you are so silly... I think you are great at cards no matter what kind they are... I actually think you are my favorite card designer! I just cant get enough of your designs... I also wanted to let you know that I emailed you not sure if you got it... also I sent you a payment for Lisa's GC and dont know if you got that either. Thanks for the great inspiration
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love a good grid design, and this one is brilliant! Gorgeous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! This is such a Gorgeous card!! Love the collage of pretty papers and the gorgeous flower and trim. You make it look so easy,cos I struggled with following the sketch. I LOVE this card!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete