Using Your Ribbon Trims | Waltzingmouse Sketch 99

5.26.2012

Hello out there! It feels so good to not be sick anymore that we decided to take a little holiday this weekend. But today, I've got another card to share for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. And this sketch is a new favorite of mine, created by Lynn Mercurio

I love framing and adding large clusters of flowers and trims. This sketch is perfect for that!


I started with pretty papers and stamped the Chicken Wire for the background. Then, added some scalloped trim along the bottom of my card. 


The frame has a little distress ink to give it that vintage look, but works so well with the stamped sentiment inside. I used Rescue Remedies Additions. Don't you just love the fancy flourishes? 


What do you do with all those extra pieces of ribbon trimmings you have in your craft room? Create a flower! Well, sort of a flower. I pleated some grosgrain trim, added some lace and placed a fabric brad in the center. I also tucked some of my pretty shabby crinkle ribbon and a Prima leaf behind to dress it up. Love! 

So! Are you ready to play along with the sketch? Just link up your creations based on the sketch to be considered for Top Mouse picks or a free Waltzingmouse stamp set of your choice. 




6 comments:

  1. What a super card and wonderful ribbon flower! I love the layers and lace!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ribbon trim flower and that frame is too cute! Have a wonderful weekend! I'm lobbying for a weekend away asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ribbon/trim flower and notched frame! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! Love this gorgeous flower and all the different backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, That flower is gorgeous - and I love this pretty feminine card - the lace, the pretty frame, the soft colors - just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kim you created a gorgeous flower with your scraps. Gorgeous card! TFS

    ReplyDelete