Cards for Your Summer Travels...

6.24.2012

Hello everyone! I am back again to share with you another card I created using the newly released The States Too stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. 


This set is perfect to use during the summer time. I love all the different patterns it comes with for customizing your own little piece of America. With all the fun road trips and vacations that summer brings, I usually like to create a few cards ahead of time and send them out while we are away from home. It's just a nice way of letting family know you were thinking of them even though you were miles apart. 


This card allowed me to use up some scrap pieces of fabric that I bought for another project (although I am still working on it). Oh, and that scalloped velvet. That's been sitting in my stash for years. Why haven't I used it all up yet? It's too cute to be sitting on my shelf. 


I added a few fun embellishments. Like the wood veneer camera (isn't that adorable?) and creating my own pennant using kraft paper and a stamp from the Simply Stated 2 stamp set. 

So how about you? Do you create cards to give away during your summer vacations? 


Supplies Used for {Wish You Were Here} Card:





2 comments:

  1. Kim, I love all the layers and the lovely blue USA. So fabulous! I have such a hard time laying things....afraid to cover something cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, especially how you used the little, wooden camera. you could certainly pinpoint that onto the travel spot. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete