Clear and Simple Stamps Review Day 2

6.01.2012

Hi everyone! It's Day 2 of the Clear and Simple Stamps review of Collection 3. Today, the focus is flowers and butterflies. Have you seen all the new sets available yet? 

For my card, I chose to feature the florals from Flower Buds. Let's take a look...


I created this card in reverse. Normally, I gather my patterned papers first since I am really inspired by color. But this time, I started by stamping the collage of flowers and leaves without having the slightest idea of where it would lead me. 


Then, I looked at my stack of designer paper collections and spotted that perfect rainbow bracket sticker. It reminded me of the shape from the new Edgers 1 die. At this point, I knew exactly how I was going to design my card.

I used the new Edgers 1 die to cut and shape some green patterned paper. I repeated this step by die cutting the cardstock with the floral collage and adding it on top. 


And just because I am still uncomfortable with one-layer cards...I dressed it up with burlap twine. I really love how this card came together...sort of in reverse order. Definitely a great way to let an unexpected design take shape. 

To see more creations featuring Collection 3 at Clear and Simple Stamps, be sure to visit the designer blogs for more ideas or see the entire collection here.



Supplies for {Thinking of You} Card:




4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love that bracket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DIVINE! I love the way you used the edgers and the ric-rac at the top. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors here are just fabulous Kim! Love those polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love your beautiful array of flowers.

    ReplyDelete