CSS Group Project| National Red Roses Day

6.11.2012

Hello everyone! Did you know that today is National Red Roses Day? The Clear and Simple Stamps team is celebrating the holiday by sharing projects created with...you guessed it...red roses. 


Today, I decided to create a simple and clean card, allowing the flowers to be the focus. I used the new Flower Buds stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I can't even begin to count how many different types of flowers are included in this set. There are a lot! 


I also used patterned papers from Echo Park - an older collection that I forgot how much I love for its bright, happy colors. The black polka dot paper was used as a border to frame the flowers and keep them from visually "floating" off the card. 

Last, I added some buttons in Brown Leather Satchel, red/white baker's twine, and cut out a sentiment using the new All Occasions 2

Want more inspiration from our red roses projects? Here are the designers who have projects to share for the occasion...



Supplies Used for {Just a Note} Card:







8 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty and very appropriate for National Roses Day. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning. Gosh, I love your style and your use of color!
    A little stitching, a little twine. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet!! Love the colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! Love your layout and the arrangement of the flower cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love those flowers and the ledger paper base! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the black polka dot strip really grounds them well and adds a perfect touch of visual color interest.Great job with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is AMAZING! I love those roses! The patterns and details you mixed in are just perfect! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! I love how you mixed and matched your papers, it turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete