Hello, Hello | Waltzingmouse Sketch 102

6.16.2012

Time for another fun sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. This time, we are playing along with a fun sketch created by Edna


To create the center, I used my Spellbinder dies to cut some chipboard. I painted each with acrylic paint, then layered the chipboard onto a pink paper doily. Of course, I love layers. So I added Peony and Firefly ribbon for some soft texture and pink airmail washi tape for fun.


Now, stamping on top of acrylic paint is a little different than stamping on paper. The acrylic paint always seems to absorb most of the ink. This means, black ink usually ends up gray. To stamp on acrylic paint, I use StazOn in Jet Black ink. It is meant to stamp on a variety of surfaces - fabric, wood, glass, leather - you name it. A perfect, crisp stamp every time. I also used this technique for this card here. Just note that this ink will stain your stamp. When they say "StazOn"...they really mean it!

Ok, my friends. Let's see what you create with this challenge. Just gather up some of your Waltzingmouse stamps and visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to link up your creation. Your card could be highlighted as the Top Mouse or you could be chosen to win a stamp set of your choice just for playing along. 



Supplies for {Hello} Card:





5 comments:

  1. Soft, subtle pastels - this is gorgeous. Love the backing paper you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors and all the layers on your center piece! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the softness of the colors but the pop from the tape. Flowers are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using STAZ ON, thanks for the tip on using it over paint. Your card has so many unique elements; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete