Once Upon A Time | Waltzingmouse Sketch 103

6.23.2012

Hello everyone! Wow, I had no idea that it's been a week since I've blogged. Feels like I've been so busy behind the scenes, but you wouldn't know with all the crickets chirping here on the blog. More to come very soon. I promise!

Today I am here to share the newest sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog for you to play along with. This time, it's another fun sketch created by Edna. Although, I did have a hard time thinking of what to create....once I found the new Half Pint Heroines set, I knew exactly what I was going to create. 


I created some rolling hills using two different styles of green patterned paper. I drew some grass tucked into the hills for a little dimension on the eyes. Otherwise, the hills looked kind of flat without them (you know?). 

After stamping the clouds in the background, I had a ton of fun paper piecing the elephant and girl. Especially because it was a good excuse to use a few pieces of my scrap paper from the bin. It feels so much better to give these neglected pieces of paper a purpose. 


And that little girl? She reminds me of my daughter with her adorable short haircut. Of course, after I gave this card to my daughter she said, "Well, yes, mom. I am amazing! The card has spoken." Too darn cute, I tell ya.

So if you're up for a fun challenge today, hop on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and play along with us. Oh! And be sure to keep your eyes open on Claire's blog for some sneak peeks of the new stamp sets that will be released next month. You're going to LOVE them!



Supplies Used for {Once Upon A Time} Card:

Stamps: Half Pint Heroines (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Patterned Papers: My Mind's Eye, Webster's Pages, Bazzil Basics


5 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the elephant and sweet girl, and those words are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your girl and elephant! Hills and sentiments are wonderful! Ahhh...children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sketch you created! I love the fussy cut elephant and all the dimension - especially the rolling grassy hills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute elephant! Your card is so sweet, love it!!

    ReplyDelete