Blocks for Baby | Clear and Simple Stamps Collection 4

7.07.2012

I'm sure you've seen that the Clear and Simple Stamps blog has been busy the past week rolling out all the new items in the shop for its Collection 4 release. Each day new items are being added all week long! 

Today, we are showcasing projects using the Shapes and Backgrounds sets. I chose to work with the new Squares shapes in the shop to create little blocks for a baby's nursery. Although you can change the theme to work for any occasion.


To create the baby blocks, start by die cutting and assembling four blocks using the Cube Die. I used Kraft Like a Rockstar Ivory cardstock and 1/4" Simple Adhesive.


To decorate each block, die cut six squares using the second smallest square from Shapes: Squares Combo dies. Then, die cut six more squares using the smallest square from the set and stamp a frame around each one (stamp is included with the dies). 

I used the Alpha Dots stamp set to spell out "BABY" and layered them onto the cube blocks.


Now I needed a nice little box to place the blocks inside. I trimmed my cardstock 7.25" square, then scored all four sides at 2". Last, I cut along each side (see the dashed lines in the photo below) which I used to secure the box together. 


For the outside of the box, I used A Blanc Check Heavy cardstock. I love this cardstock because it has more weight. Since it can withstand a little more handling, it is perfect to hold the box together securely. 

To create the lid for the box, trim white cardstock 4 1/8" x 10 1/4". Score at 2 1/4" and again at 4". Apply adhesive to the bottom of the lid, place box on top, and fold over to close. 

Now you can place all the blocks inside the gift box. Isn't that pretty? 





My tip.....

To seal the box shut, I carefully placed each embellishment along the burlap trim only (none of the embellishments are actually adhered to the box). Then I added Velcro on the burlap trim so that you can open and close the box without messing up any of the pretty embellishments.


And have a look here at that little tag! I used the small die from Tags 1 and stamped a sentiment from a new set that will be released tomorrow called, Wrap-A-Round. 


I hope you enjoyed my project today. Remember, all the products are available in the shop today (more will be available tomorrow) or you can see what you've missed so far right here.

For more ideas and inspiration, be sure to visit the Clear and Simple Stamps blog and the designers listed below.


Supplies Used for {Baby Blocks}:


Not linked below: Cube Die; Shapes: Squares Combo; Wrap-A-Round

4 comments:

  1. My jaw hit the floor! You're amazing, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thee little gift boxes are gorgeous, Kim!!!!! Love love the elements that you used for the toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, you have me swooning! your boxes are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love the neutral baby colors too.

    ReplyDelete