Introducing Rag Dolls | Clear and Simple Stamps Collection 4

7.11.2012

Welcome to the final day of the Collection 4 release week party at Clear and Simple Stamps. Yes, the store has been busy all week long filling the inventory with a huge selection of new stamps, dies and party favors.

Today, I am here to share one of my favorites from the new collection. Introducing...Rag Dolls! These little cuties were illustrated by Stephany Zerbe and wow, are they adorable! Once I started stamping and coloring, the ideas just kept going. Literally! I kept running in the other room to tell my kiddos all the fun things I wanted to create with them. Of course, they had that "mom, you are crazy!" expression on their faces. lol!


I decided on creating another summer treat bag filled with chewy sour Lemonhead candy to coordinate with my summer lemonade stand theme. I started with the Party Favor 3 die to create the template for my treat bag.

For the front of the favor bag, I die cut the shape of the house using the Rag Dolls House die. I paper pieced the lemonade stand using my newest favorite paper collection - Summer Fresh. I think I need to hoard this stuff!


I decided to create some paper dolls using the new Rag Dolls. So after you eat all the candy from the favor bag, you can still have some play time fun with the lemonade stand and little dolls. I used Jake and Willa. Aren't they so adorable? And the coolest is that these come with matching dies. Perfect for someone like me who isn't that patient when it comes to cutting.


To create the stands for the paper dolls, I used a circle punch for the base. Then I cut two small strips of heavy cardstock and added a strip of grass on each using the Grass border die. I cut a small slit into each piece and connected them together.

Last, I added grass by adhering the smallest clippings of green embroidery floss. To adhere them to the stand I used a dab of glue and finished it with some adhesive spray.

Be sure to stop by the Clear and Simple Stamps store to see the entire Rag Dolls collection and all the new items released for Collection 4. There are so many new things to see! For more ideas, hop on over to see what the rest of the design team has to share...
Virginia Lu (Guest)
Ryann Salamon (Guest)


Supplied Used for {Rag Dolls Lemonade Party}:



6 comments:

  1. Love how you made little stands for the dolls- and the grass is such a cute touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what a cute lemonade stand--it brings back the memories, for sure! Awesome paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I just have to quit stopping by! You give me the "I wants" BIG TIME! ;)
    Melinda - Winter Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love the paper pieced lemonade stand and how you created little stands for the rag dolls--I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute, cute, cute ensemble!

    ReplyDelete