Jar Fillers | Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 108

7.28.2012

Long time, no see! I've been away longer than expected with some family business, but I am excited to be back in the craft room. It's funny how some time away gives me the urge to create. It always feels new when I can finally get back to creating something. 

Today, I am playing along with the latest Waltzingmouse sketch using the newest Waltzingmouse Stamps. And oh how I just love them!


I used the Chicken Wire to stamp my background in a bright pink color. I am finding I've been loving this color all summer long. My daughter teases me especially when I wearing my neon pink (day glow) t-shirt. I tell her I am bringing the '80s back. 

I can tell by her reaction that she thinks I am a nerd. lol!


But back to my card....I have a new favorite stamp now. Isn't that jar the most adorable ever? It's from Claire's newest Jar Fillers - Jam Packed set. And I just know this one will have me stamping for hours. I love how you can mix and match the lids and fill the jar with pretty goodies or simply use the background stamp that comes in the set. 

I chose to use the background stamp in a pale green. Then I added a bit of shading with a Copic marker. Perfect for my little pickle jar! Last, I stamped the outline of the jar in black ink using the Candy Jar stamp.


Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge blog to see what the design team has created and all the details on how to play along too! Until next time...


Supplies Used:



12 comments:

  1. Kim, this is beautiful! I love the layers of paper with the chicken wire...that shade of pink is awesome. And the jar is so cute. I also really love the striped ribbon. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background for your sweet little jar Kim! love the lace around the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your little pickle jar Kim - love the pink chicken wire background and the papers are really pretty. Also really love the lace trim around the lid - its just such a sweet detail x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! So cute and sweet Kim. It's so finished too with the lace popping out of the lid :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lace on this jar along with the chicken wire bg....seems so perfect for this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, Kim! I'm always so inspired when I come here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kim! Your jar is so cute with all the laces around the lid! Love the beautiful background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so bad at mixing up papers, but this is perfect. And you were right, my co-worker loved the card (and the $ inside it!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jar paired with the chicken wire, such a lovely rustic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! The trim on the lid is perfect, the whole jar looks so three dimensional, the papers are gorgeous, and I just love the sentiment! And thanks for your sweet words on my blog today - you really brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh kim - i love this jar. i've been itching to ink mine up, but the crochet bit and the velvet trim just sent me swooning! i love how the glass has that perfectly tinted green - enough to make it pop right off the page. and yes that chicken wire is one of my favs too! so glad "you're back" :)

    ReplyDelete