Background Stamping | Waltzingmouse Sketch 111

8.18.2012

I'm holding on to the last few days before the kiddos go back to school. Trying to fit it all into our schedule during this last weekend before school starts. Obviously, I don't want them to go back for selfish reasons of my own, but what's a mom to do? 

Before I head out for this weekend's last summer hurrah, I wanted to share a card I created for the new sketch posted over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.


This time the sketch calls for using your stamps to create a background. I decided on a floral background with a pink, green, and aqua color palette. Yum!


I used the Big Blooms Poinsettia set to randomly stamp the flowers and leaves around the corners of my card followed by the label from Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and a sentiment from Afternoon Tea Sentiments. 

And since I love texture on my cards, I added some fabric trimmings, twine, and buttons. 


To play along with us and create your own card based on this week's sketch, gather your favorite Waltzingmouse stamps to create a backgound and link it up over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.

Don't have any Waltzingmouse stamps? You can visit Claire's shop for some free digi images to use. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Stamps Used for "Time for You" Card: 



9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful... I LOVE using this set to create non-holiday cards. I love the layout of your background stamping, and all the layers and fibers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim I think I am drooling ... this is drop dead gorgeous - love the colors and the pretty flowers! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum indeed!!!! Yep, Jeanne is on target...drop dead GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just tooooooooooooo gorgeous and the colours soooo sweet lovin it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card, Kim! I love the pretty colors and love the sweet sentiment and label. And that floral background you created is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card and great take on your sketch. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Kim, another stunner!! I'm in love with that beautiful background you created - total YUM!! Gorgeous sentiment too - love everything about this x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Kim! I love the floral images with this sweet label, and the colours are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete