Group Project for Clear and Simple Stamps

8.13.2012

Welcome to a Clear and Simple Stamps Group Project. Today, we are showcasing projects using an all white, monochromatic theme in honor of that silly saying "no wearing white after Labor Day."

So at first I thought to myself, "All white! That's a tough one!" But after thinking about some of my favorite embellishments like, paper doilies, paint, twine, and glitter...I realized that all of these embellishments were all white. Hey, I can do this challenge after all!

Here is what I created...


I created a card with a coordinating envelope using as many white embellishments I could find. I started by using acrylic paint to "white wash" the woodgrain patterned paper from the Howdy Doody collection from My Mind's Eye. I love the end result and how it looks sort of shabby chic. 


Now I know you can't see it very well in the photos (bummer), but I die cut the banners using the Favor Flags die and used the Favor Flags Fillers polka-dot stamp to emboss them with white embossing powder. In person, this is so pretty. I really wish my camera was able to pick up that detail. Oh well!


Last, I dressed up my card and envelope with some white paper doilies and gray/white baker's twine. For a little bling, I added some white glitter using double-sided adhesive and finished the card with a sentiment from the All Occasions 1 set - I just adore that beautiful font!

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created for our CSS Group Project. Until next time...

Suzanne Dahlberg (Guest Designer)

Supplies Used for Congratulations Card/Envelope:



5 comments:

  1. White-washing your pattern paper was so clever! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love that bit of glitter near the bottom. And how you white washed the pp. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitter and those banners, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love your whitewashed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful~I love the glitter and banners!

    ReplyDelete