School Notebooks | Clear and Simple Stamps Release in Review

8.09.2012

Hello, there! I have a fun project to share with you today. A little something special I created for my kiddos. My original plan was to give these to them on their first day back at school; however, they already spotted me creating them and instead, provided their input on the colors they each wanted. 

So, today I am sharing these little school notebooks I created using the new Rag Dolls series from Clear and Simple Stamps


These little notebooks are upcycled from those freebies you get with someone's advertising on them. (Sorry, to whomever was the advertising company, but your notebooks were not that cute and I needed to dress them up a bit.)

They are small - only 3 x 5 inches, but perfect for tucking inside a backpack pocket. 


I used both Willa: OMG and Jake: Cool stamp and die combo set. Yes, these cuties come with their own dies included with the stamp set. I love that!

I had fun paper piecing them with scraps leftover in my stash and giving them some life with the help of some Copic coloring. 


For both the front and back covers, I used the new Sunburst stamp to cover up some white Bazzil Basics paper. I love the texture of these papers and how it gives your stamping a little something special. Reminds me of a canvas painting. 


Last, I decorated each notebook with a some Gray/White Baker's Twine. After giving these notebooks to each of my kiddos, they've decided to each write me little notes each day or draw me a special picture, then return the notebooks to me when they are filled. 

I've been enjoying seeing what they draw for me. My son has been drawing pictures for me. My daughter has been writing a "joke of the day" on each page. Seeing these little notebooks years from now will be very special to me. 

And now, what started out as a gift for them, ended out being a gift for me! 

To see more Rag Dolls project ideas, be sure to see what the rest of the design team has created...


Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...

Supplies Used for School Notebooks:



4 comments:

  1. I love these little notebooks! Such a great design. Love the combination of stamped/pattern paper backgrounds and the paper pieced clothes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this phrase may be over used sometimes, but these really ARE totally ADORABLE!! What a couple of cute notebooks Kim! Love that there's girl AND boy! As a mum to two boys, it's great to have thd cool boys option too! Fantastic projects - been enjoying your posts thus week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry about the typos - silly me! iPhone keys aren't built for speed typing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great back to school gift! These look fabulous with the sunburst background behind the dolls.

    ReplyDelete