Summer Mini Album | Clear and Simple Stamps Release in Review

8.05.2012

Edited to Add: 
Due to the volume of questions I've received about this mini album below, I have decided to post a tutorial very soon. If you have any questions that you want answered in the tutorial, be sure to leave me an email or a comment below so I can include it in the tutorial. Thanks for your interest. You all are so sweet! - Kim

Hello everyone! Today I have a special project to share with you. It's one that I am a little excited about because it has been a very long time since I have created a mini album. And I just love the way this one turned out! 

The Clear and Simple Stamps team is reviewing all the newest products released last month. And today we are showcasing the Seaside Summer theme. Perfect for my summer album. 

Let's get started...


My album was inspired by those little nugget books I used to read to my kids when they were just babies. You know, the small books made of chipboard pages and an accordian style binding. Well, that's exactly what I replicated. 

For the front cover, I used the label from the Mini Tri Fold die and the border from Party Elements: Baby. For a background, I used the new Nautical Knots (it's a little hard to see in the photo, but you can click on the photo for a closer view).


Since this mini album only measures 4 inches square, I was able to use my scrap pieces of paper left over in my stash from the Pink Paislee Nantucket collection. I felt proud to use up the leftovers and not let any go to waste. 


Throughout the album, I created a small space for journaling with an index card, lovely washi tape, and paper doilies from my shop. Oh! And now is a great time to stock up on index cards. I found mine at Staples on sale for only .01 cent each for a pack of 100. Steal!


Each page features banners cut from the Favor Flag dies and stamped with the Favor Flag Fillers


Then I used various sentiments onto each banner using stamps from Beach Bum and Summer Fun


To keep the summer theme, I stamped and cut different seashells and sea critters from the Seashells stamp set. Like that seahorse above...isn't that darling? My favorite for sure!


Last, I added some glassine bags tucked behind a few of the photos. Perfect for tucking little treasures, notes, or memories of our day at the beach. 

And even though, this mini album captures memories from a few years ago...seeing these pictures of my kiddos smiling faces and carefree dances in the ocean tide makes me feel that day like it was yesterday.


If you have any questions about the process to replicate this mini album, just send me an email or leave me a comment below. 

But before you go, be sure to see what the rest of the design team has for some more seaside summer fun...


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used for Summer Mini Album:

17 comments:

  1. Kim, this is absolutely perfect! I love the felt binding - so unexpected but it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL mini album! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love how soft and pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! I love the colorful stamping and how it totally matches your scrap papers! Such a darling and priceless keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little album Kim!! I love how you put this all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great little album! Love all of the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful little album. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous--such a special keepsake! Love all the little details you got into this tiny album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous little album, full of fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh!!! This is my absolute FAVORITE thing I've seen you do Kim, it's so cute, classy and compact, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! Due to the large amount of emails I've received about this mini album, I will be posting a tutorial here on my blog very soon. I hope you'll come back to check it out!

      Delete
  12. This album is amazing can't wait to see tutorial. Do you mind if I ask where the orange slice stamp came from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate. Thanks for stopping by! That little orangeslice is actually a sand dollar from the Clear and Simple Stamps Seashells stamp set. But I love how you see it as an orange slice! Looks like another great use to get more versatility from that stamp set! I'm going to try that!

      Delete
    2. A sand dollar - who'd a thunk !

      Delete