Switching to Witching | Waltzingmouse Sketch 112

8.25.2012

I know it's still early, but I've been ready to switch over to the fall season. And it's almost here! My most favorite time to craft is during the fall season.

Last year, I realized it was my favorite season to craft for a few reasons...one, the craft room is much cooler and I am not a big fan of the heat. Second, I find that sticking with a few choice colors in warm autumn tones makes creating so much faster. Sometimes I find that having too many color choices makes me indecisive and choosing the colors takes me longer than making the card. 

Are any of you like that? Or is it just me? lol!


Today I am sharing my take on the new Waltzingmouse sketch this week. I have been anxious to use my Halloween themed Waltzingmouse stamps since they were put away last year and I finally couldn't wait any longer. 


The witch and sentiment are both from Midnight Feast. For effect, I used some distress ink and Copics to add some shading and shadows behind the witch. Then I added layers of pretty trim, washi tape, glittery stars, and buttons. I just love all that texture!


Oh! And one more thing before I go...have you seen the new Waltzingmouse stamps in the shop today? If not, you might want to check them out. An amazing collection! My favorite collection so far!

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge blog to see what the design team has created with this sketch and all the details on how to play along too! Until next time...




15 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a halloween fan (actually the opposite...) this card is great! I love the papers you've used! Which paperline is it? Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gerdine, that paper is a discontinued set from The Girl's Paperie called Toil & Trouble. It was my favorite collection at the time and I am holding on to every precious last bit I have. In fact, I made the card smaller just so I didn't use much of my stash. Lol! I don't want to waste any of it!

      Delete
  2. Love your Halloween card and the non-traditional colours - it has a super homespun feel! Sort of reminds me of Samantha from Bewitched! It's fab!

    I really enjoy Halloween, but it's not something that is really celebrated in the UK, however, now that we're in the US - I intend to really enjoy the event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Kim! I do love making cards for this time of year. I love the star and lace trim. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I'm so glad you stopped in to comment!!! Will you forgive me when I say I had forgotten you!?! I followed VERY few people in my early blogging days...hated the thought of another long "list of things to do". I'm kind of glad I waited, but I'm pressing that 'follow' button a little more often as I just can't remember everyone I like to peek in on! But you, my dear, are a keeper and I'm 'pressing the button' as soon as I finish this comment! LOVE this card!! There's no way I can catch up now, but I will be keeping up with you and your pretty creations from here on out!! Thank you again for your sweet comment!! So good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this card is TOO cute! I think that the background papers are very "kitcheny"...just perfect for a witch in an apron :)! Love the layered stars and lace...is that star pattern a die? I have been looking for a solid star border :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is stunning - love the mix of papers and patterns - especially those sparkly stars! SO light and bright (not traditional Halloween) and really a stand out! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim! This is absolutely amazing! I love the softness of these colors for Halloween. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim! I totally want to start making Halloween cards now because of this beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Kim! Love the papers, the image is adorable and the star border is so pretty and sparkley! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh...I love Halloween and WM has the BEST Halloween stamps! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss Kim, I love this card!!! Is the washi tape the grey polka dot? I especially like the baseof this adorable stunner (index card print), looks awesome with the soft home-spun choices here. Impressed with the shading on the adorable witches silhouete too with the light grey copic, it really finishes the image. You are very talented at layering, may I copy you? ;0) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful card! I love those papers you used - it is midcentury fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super cute! I love that set. :)

    I love to make cards for the holidays. I think you can embellish a lot more.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete