Thanks a Bunch | Waltzingmouse Sketch 109

8.04.2012

Hi everyone! Hope you're still enjoying your summer vacations. Can you believe it's almost time to head back to school? I am not ready yet - that's for sure!

Today I have a card to share with you for the new sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. This time it's a sketch inspired by Bonnie Sharp from the WMS design team. 


This card was inspired by those adorable flowers found in the Pic-Nic Patterns stamp set. Usually, I grab my patterned papers before I start stamping. This time I knew I wanted pink flowers, so I gathered up my papers and embellishments to coordinate with those sweet pink flowers. 

I also used the lace border circle from Vintage Circles to outline the Spellbinders die cut. And the perfect sentiment to match the flowers from Compact Sentiments. "Thanks a bunch" - lol! Get it? (ok, bad joke.)


After stamping, I added a shadow outline to really give my flowers some dimension and that extra bit of detail. I think it helps them to not look so flat against the white paper? What do you think? 


Well that's it from me for today, but be sure to stop by the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge blog to see what the design team has created and all the details on how to play along too! Until next time...

Supplies Used:







7 comments:

  1. Such a 'soft' card, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers, pearls, and colors! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty!! Love your colors, embellies- all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, those flowers are gorgeous and I need to check them out! Your card is so soft, pretty...just beautiful! I love your ribbon and the layered papers. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Kim, I love the flowers swaying in the breeze, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this? Beautiful stamps - I love how you stamped the flowers in a little bunch like that - so incredibly pretty. Soft, beautiful colours - love everything about this card x x

    ReplyDelete