Peek-A-Boo | Waltzingmouse Sketch 115

9.15.2012

Hello out there! It's time for a new sketch to play along with over at Waltzingmouse. So grab your favorite Waltzingmouse stamps, follow the sketch, and link up your creation. You could be one of the lucky participants to win a Waltzingmouse set of your choice! Pretty cool, eh?



This week's sketch was inspired by Design Team member, Jennifer Homes. And it calls for squares. 

I normally don't use squares all that much on my cards. But I was up for a challenge! Thinking a little outside the box, I decided to go with square window panes. I also used a simple banner across the bottom using a sentiment from Halloween Party.


I used Cicely At Halloween and placed her behind the window, peeking out into the night. Coloring her was so fun...reminds me of being a little girl when my grandma used to buy me a fresh box of Crayola crayons. I loved being entertained with only my creativity and the pages of a coloring book. 

Once I was done with this card, I thought it needed a little texture. So I added some lace curtains around the window using orange doilies. 


And now...here is the sketch we are playing along with this week. I do hope you'll join us! For more inspiration, be sure to head over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see what the Mischief Makers have created for you!

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. I do like Cicely - so beautifully coloured. A very sweet Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now how clever is this...and so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kim - Cicely is a set I have yet to treat myself to! Some fabby colouring and love that she is behind the window pane and how cute are those yellow doily curtains!! Brilliant ;))

    ReplyDelete