Rustic Chic | Waltzingmouse Sketch 114

9.08.2012

Hello everyone! Long time no blogging for me. What can I say? It's been a busy transition with the start of school and adjusting to the new homework routine. My daughter is in her first year at high school and I couldn't be more excited for her. I enjoy seeing how she is growing and am having fun helping her with homework. Funny how I used to know all this stuff, but we forget as we get older. Sigh...


So on to the weekend we go! And there is a new sketch posted over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. This sketch was inspired by Anya Schrier and I just love all the embellishments that it calls for! 

I added lots of paint, burlap, and flowers for this one. I call it "rustic chic" for its shabby texture and its prettiness with all those flowers, vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, and an elegant sentiment using Waltzingmouse's Big Day Additions.


I even painted the flowers! This card sure is fun to touch with so many textures going on. Kind of different for me, but I enjoyed the process. A bit messy to create, but so worth it! And now it's time to wash my hands from all this acrylic paint. Ha!


For all the details on how to play along and some inspiration from the Waltzingmouse Mischief Makers, head on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog

Enjoy the weekend! Until next time...



9 comments:

  1. Oh, my...this is so perfectly pretty, Kim!! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painted burlap and lace doily! Perfect with the sentiment and flowers/mother of pearl buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous , love the light and airy flowers, the center is amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! Love the fussy cut sentiment and the beautiful flowers! So clean and elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! Great colours and the background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too gorgeous for words and love the cutout sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your card is so beautiful, Kim! Love the doily and the burlap with the gorgeous flowers and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful texture and design. Both my girlies are in HS~Khan Academy online is a wonderful FREE resource for Algebra, in case you need it. ;)It's helped us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love all the textures & the paint is fab :)

    ReplyDelete