Candy Card Set | Clear and Simple Stamps Group Project

10.01.2012

Hi everyone! After a little blog break, I am back and ready to share lots of new projects with you. Today, I am joining the Clear and Simple Stamps design team to share a candy-themed card set using one of my favorite stamps sets...Sweet Tooth


This set features just one image from the Sweet Tooth set, that adorably sweet bubble gum dispenser. But by mixing the sentiments, I was able to create a card set for many different occasions. 


I started by gathering my supplies. The card base measures 4.25" square and the scrap pieces of polka dot paper measure 4.25" x 1.5".

To coordinate the look, I picked some matching buttons from the CSS Designer Mix jar and pretty crinkle ribbons from my shop.


I adhered the paper pieces onto each card base and stamped the image onto each piece. Then I changed the sentiments between each card.


Coloring these was so much fun. I really love how coloring can just make everything feel so nostalgic. Do any of you get that feeling when you color too? I guess it reminds me of being younger when my grandma would always buy me a fresh box of crayons. I loved using them when they were fresh out of the box. That was the best!

But back to the cards...


I used my Cameo to cut these bracket flap envelopes and added more polka dot paper to complete the look. And each envelope is thick enough that it will fit an embellished card. Even my ribbons and buttons fit perfectly inside! 

Don't have a Cameo? You can use my tutorial for creating your own envelope that will fit a thickly embellished card for mailing. Now there's never an excuse to "pile it on!"



To see more card set creations, be sure to check out the rest of the design team's blogs below:




Supplies Used for Sweet Tooth Card Set:

Stamps: Sweet Tooth - Clear and Simple Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft Like a Rockstar Ivory - Clear and Simple Stamps
Buttons: Designer Mix - Clear and Simple Stamps
Envelope: Bracket Flap Square Box - Lori Whitlock
Die Cut Machine: Silhouette Cameo


6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable, Kim!! The pretty matching ribbon and buttons paired up with your images/papers give them THE SWEETEST look!! PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, WOW!! These are so cute!! Great job, and thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet card set and those gorgeous envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness! I so need this set! I love what you made here! Those envelopes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are just adorable Kim!!! I just love them. So bright and fun. They make me smile just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this in a major way! The gum ball machines are darling and your coloring is perfection! LOve it, Kim!

    ReplyDelete