The Craft's Meow Release Preview | Beautiful Shelf

11.28.2012


Have you been enjoying the previews this week from The Craft's Meow? I know I've been! If you are just joining me, I am honored to be guest designing this month for TCM, sharing the new stamp sets being released this month. Be sure to scroll down to see the previous samples and stop by The Craft's Meow blog for all the samples from the design team. 

Today, we are showcasing another wonderful stamp set. This one is called Beautiful Shelf. It's a cozy set full of wonderful images that are perfect for coloring and paper piecing (my favorite!). 


Keeping the focus on the lovely images, I created a vintage-style scene for today's card. I stamped the shelf with brown ink onto damask pattern paper, then highlighted it with a Copic marker for dimension. I added white pearl jewels onto the shelf for doorknobs. It's a small detail that makes a big impact. 

Next, I stamped the hat and perfume bottle directly onto the card. Separately, I paper pieced the hat in a dark pink pattern and the bottle in white. For depth, I used dimensional foam tape to attached the pieces onto the card. 


I just adore this stamp set. The scene reminds me of being a little girl, playing dress up with my mother's accessories and perfume. Now this is something my daughter does in my vanity room. I truly cherish seeing her explore and show me all the treasures she finds. This card will be perfect for her!

There is still so much more to see! Head over to The Craft's Meow blog to see today's previews from the design team using Beautiful Shelf

Thanks again for joining me today!

4 comments:

  1. Love that you stamped the shelf over that pretty design paper - beautiful card, Kim, gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so pretty! Love the trims you chose and the soft papers, and the pearl doorknobs are just such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very, very pretty, soft & sweet! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the old-timey look of the hat on a stand and the perfume atomizer.

    ReplyDelete