Boxes, Bags, & Bows | CSS Group Project

3.18.2013

It's a Group Project day at Clear and Simple Stamps! Today, the design team is showcasing projects focusing on boxes, bags, and bows as our theme. 

With the spring season officially arriving a just a few days, I was in the mood to use a spring-inspired color palette for this set of boxes using the new die called, Party Favor 8.


Now these little boxes have already been given away here at my house and to my co-workers at work. Of course, the surprise cookie inside was a big hit, but the box was an even bigger hit! You see, this box isn't just an ordinary box. Oh no! It has this really cool flap that opens up to reveal endless possibilities. 

You should read all about Elena's description for this box on her blog...she cracks me up!


Inside the box, I used the Labels 9 die to cut an opening inside the box. I wanted to show that little cookie off! I cut a clear candy bag to fit the inside of the box to act as a little window and added super adhesive to hold it all together. Now don't worry about the cookie getting the box all dirty...I lined the back side of the box with a glassine bag to keep it protected.

Oh! And of course, I had to taste not just one, but three cookies while creating this project. Hey! I needed the nourishment to keep up with the cardio that is required when die cutting. 


Each box was stamped and embossed in pastel colors. I used Distressed Linen, Circles Plus, and Gingham to create each background. Then I decorated each in a variety of florals using the Flower Buds stamp and new dies to match.


I just love how they look all stacked up together. 

Be sure to see even more pretty packaging inspiration from the designers...



4 comments:

  1. beautiful kim! your cookie devouring..err i mean work out comment cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful! and also - ha! I'm never gonna be able to live that comment down. I love a cookie in this box - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can see why yo had three cookies, they look yummy! Very pretty boxes Kim, the pastels are marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! love these cookie boxes!!

    ReplyDelete