Waltzingmouse Sneak Peek | Folk Art Labels No. 25

3.06.2013

Welcome to the second day of previews for the new stamp sets arriving at Waltzingmouse! Yes, only a few days away until the new sets will be available in the shop. I hope you've been enjoying the previews so far because there is still lots more to see.

Today, the designers have created samples using a smaller sized stamp set. Don't let the size fool you...it's the perfect addition to many previously released sets and is oh so charming.

Introducing...Folk Art Labels No. 25!


Does the die cut label look familiar? That's because Folk Art Labels No. 25 will fit the Spellbinders Label 25 dies and also coordinates with the older set, Very Vintage Labels No. 25. With a pretty folk art twist, this set has many possibilities with the open-style accents in the frame.


For my first sample, I decided to try out the chalkboard style effect. I used VersaMark's watermark ink and added white embossing powder. After setting it with a heat gun, I created the look of a chalkboard by sponging white ink directly onto the label. Add a few flowers and it's complete!


For my next sample, I added a touch of color using Copic markers to color the label frame. I also added a row of stamping using the finial (egg-shaped) stamp across the bottom half of my card. 

Of course, my card is not complete without adding a few embellishments...a lovely stick pin, a few buttons, ribbon and twine...yes, I can't resist those little details. 


Thanks for stopping by today to see my projects featuring the new Folk Art Labels No. 25. Be sure to see all the lovely projects from the rest of the design team and join us tomorrow as we share the third and final stamp set for the March release festivities. 


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Claire Brennan
Clare Buswell
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jennifer Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Akesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Teresa Kline
Tosha Leyendekker

9 comments:

  1. Two beautiful designs Kim! love the burlap, pretty doilies and soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the chalkboard look! Great crads Kim.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous! Both cards are super - love the chalkboard finish on your first card and the soft pastels on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are lovely, Kim, and I just adore the soft colors you used to color the label on the 2nd! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these vintage beauties!! I especially love the distressing on the roses and burlap on the first! It really enhances the chalkboard main image!! And your second is so charming with the doily and stamped border!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards; love the chalkboard effect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your chalkboard card. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your cards but the chalkboard card is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete