Watercolor Technique | Precious Remembrance Stamps

4.09.2013

Today, I am blogging over at the Precious Remembrance Stamps blog sharing a watercolor and embossing technique that has been so popular lately with mixed media artists.

For this project, I am using the flowers, polka-dots, and diagonal border from Mom & Dad and a sentiment from the Birthday stamp sets at Precious Remembrance.

 

To create the look, I started by stamping a background using the polka-dots and diagonal border on the base of my card. Next, comes the fun part. Water colors and embossing. This part can be a little messy, but that's half the fun, right?



I grabbed a piece of wax paper from my kitchen and squeezed a few drops of bright pink Winton oil paint. To replicate the texture of water color paint, I added a few drops of water to the mix to thin the paint. Next, I used the paint mixture as ink and stamped the large flower directly into the puddle of paint, then on to my card. To speed up the drying process, I used a heat gun to avoid any paint runoff or smudges.

Next, I used VersaMark watermarking ink to stamp the flower again directly over the water color image. While the ink was still wet, I added white Zing embossing powder and set it with my heat gun. I just love the texture and feel of the embossed stamping. And with the two tones of color, it really adds something extra special to your stamping. Don't you think?



To finish my card, I used one of my favorite sentiments from the Birthday stamp set. Isn't that handwritten font so sweet? I then topped it off with a layered bow, twine, and a pretty button.

I hope you decide to give this stamping technique a try. It can get a little messy, but remember...keeping your heat gun close by keeps it under control and makes it so pretty when you're done.

Happy stamping. I'm so glad you stopped by. For more inspiration and ideas, visit the Precious Remembrance Stamps blog.



2 comments:

  1. Kim this is simply DIVINE! I love your blooms and the fresh spring green leaves. A lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Great effect! Thanks for sharing this technique!

    ReplyDelete