10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge

5.15.2013

Have you heard of the 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge over at Pretty Pink Posh? Well over at Paulina's blog, she has been putting on these really fun challenges where you gather your supplies and only allow 10 minutes to complete your project. 

This is the first time I am playing along. And guess what...I failed! My project took 11.26 minutes to complete. Maybe I should blame it on the dull scissors I was using? 

Well, whatever my excuse for not completed my project in under 10 minutes, 11.26 minutes is still a record time for me. I am a slooooow card maker!


Not only do you have to create something fast, but there is a color palette to follow along with. The challenge  called for lavender, green, and yellow. After gathering up my supplies and the newest stamp set "Little One" from Precious Remembrance Stamps...I took a deep breath and started the timer.


Notice the purple floral fabric tucked between the green papers?

No? Me either!

That's because I was racing the clock and placed the top layer of green paper almost right on top of the fabric! Yes...I failed big time [shakes head in shame].

And just look at the huge mess I made. I took before and after photos to show you how organized I tried to be. On the left are all the supplies I gathered before starting my project. On the right is after I completed my card. The supplies ended up everywhere!

If you haven't played along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash, I suggest you give it a try. This really was super fun and I had a great laugh showing my card to my family after I was done. I can't wait to give this challenge another try. I am determined to beat the clock!

By the way, Precious Remembrance is sponsoring the craft dash challenge. Play along this week and you could win this stamp set...yay!




3 comments:

  1. This is precious Kim! I like the ruffly borders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get this done in only 11 minutes? Gorgeous!

    PS...I love your before and after photos. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is absolutely stunning, Kim. I'd just LOVE to have you stop by sometime and play along with us in our weekly Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday. It would be a blessing to have you join us! I hope you will check it out when you have a moment.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete