A Bundle of Joy...

5.14.2013

Good morning! Or is it good afternoon? Evening? Well, where ever you are in the world right now or what ever time it is - it's all good, right?

I am blogging today at the Precious Remembrance blog with a Tuesday Ideas creation featuring the newest stamp to arrive at the PR shop. Little One is such a darling stamp set full of adorable sentiments and images for baby.


To me, a newborn baby girl has the prettiest color palette in her wardrobe. Soft pastels, pretty pinks, buttery yellows. Those colors just make me happy. For my project today, I've created a gift set for baby using the same soft color palette. How could I resist?

For my card, I used Little One to stamp a row of pink stars onto pale pink cardstock. Then I stamped borders in turquoise onto coordinating cardstock. The bear? Yes, she is paper pieced. I started by stamping her in pink patterned paper. Next, I stamped her belly onto a floral pattern paper, cut it out, then adhered it directly over the pink paper. I repeated this process for her bow tie and mouth.

I just love paper piecing! It’s such a great way to really customize your stamping to coordinate your projects (especially if you don’t have a large marker selection in your stash, like me).


To accompany my card is a small glassine bag that’s the perfect size for a tiny gift. Small socks, a onesie, how about some cotton balls, or baby powder. Just dress up the packaging with a paper doily and ribbon, add a sentiment from Little One and complete it with a mini wooden clothespin.

I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s creation and have fun adding a little paper piecing onto your projects!

Thanks so much for visiting!


2 comments:

  1. These are adorable Kim!! I love the way you've used the new set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete