Seaside Monogram | 25 Days of CSS Inspiration

5.14.2013

So I have a little story for you about where my inspiration came from for my project today. Bare with me. 

My mom's initials are S.S. My mom loves the ocean.

When I was little, my mom used to write me handwritten letters and would draw little sailboats in the corner. On the boat she would autograph it "S.S.Mom". I guess this was her own little nickname she created after the Gilligan's Island boat, the "S.S. Minnow."

Growing up, my sister and I would always write notes back to our mom. We would always address them to "S.S.Mom."

With that idea in mind...this set of monogrammed cards are for my mom. 


Living in California, it's no wonder my mom is drawn to the ocean, the beach, and wearing sandals year-round. For this card set, I heat embossed a variety of seaside images from two stamp sets from Clear and Simple Stamps - Sea Life and Seashells.


To create the monogram, I die cut white cardstock using the medium size Toppers die, then die cut the "S" from the Uppercase dies collection.


To package this card set, I included envelopes and fit everything into a large glassine bag and topped it off with a die cut bow.

I can't wait to give this card set to my mom. I only hope she adds her signature little sailboat to these cards when she signs her name. {Hi, mom!}

There is a coordinating gift for my mom up on the CSS Daily App today too. I hope you'll check it out, but shhh...please don't tell her what it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment