Waltzingmouse Release Preview | Happy 4th

5.28.2013

I am so glad to hear the response from all of you during the Waltzingmouse release previews. In just one more day, the new stamps will be available in the shop and you won't have to wait any longer. ☺

For my card today, I am using the new stamp set USA 1776. Patriotic and pure Americana. I just adore all the images included with this set ♥ (and you know Claire never disappoints).


Typically, patriotic cards are used with dark blue and red colors. I thought I would create something a bit softer and a little bit shabby with this set. After layering all my papers, I heat embossed fireworks onto blue vellum paper. I love the translucent effect the vellum gives to reveal the patterned paper underneath.


I added a shabby bow and a pennant. Remember that pennant from Bitty Banners? Yep! It's still one of my favorite go-to stamp sets. Adding extra curves to the pennant and holding it steady with a double layer of dimensional foam tape. 

Last, I die cut Miss Liberty herself from my Cameo. Yes, Claire is offering cut files for many of the Waltzingmouse stamp sets, including USA 1776! 

To see the rest of the release previews, head over to the Waltzingmouse blog and see the design team creations. And join the entire design team tomorrow for a Blog Waltz Hop. It's a great opportunity to get your hands on a free stamp set from the release.

Thanks for stopping by and for sharing all your excitement for the new release!

P.S. If Blogger is having trouble with the comments feature, you can always send me an email by clicking here



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the soft colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vellum overlay with the embossed fireworkd looks great, fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim, I love the non traditional colours for this celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the softer colours and the translucent vellum is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love your card with the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the soft background with the white fireworks!! And the doilies are just super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love the background layers you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that blue vellum with the white fireworks embossed is just stunning. Love your card so much!!!

    ReplyDelete