Hey, Mister!

6.12.2013

I can't believe summer vacation has started already. With the kids out of school and the start of the first summer holiday, Father's Day, I decided on creating a card for dad with a beachy themed summer twist. 

When Clear and Simple Stamps challenged the design team to create a masculine card and incorporate a misting technique in some way, I immediately thought of creating ocean waves using only mists. 


To create the waves, I used the large Scallops Border die and sprayed each piece of cardstock with mists. One in aqua blue, the other in more of a turquoise shade. I let the liquid absorb into the cardstock for just a few seconds before dabbing the excess off with a paper towel. 

Then I used a heat gun to set the color and speed up the drying process. (Yes, I am impatient that way☺).


I stamped the large "dad" whale and the little "son" whale using Seaside Sentiments 1. I just love how the little whale is looking up to his dad. So stinking cute if you ask me!

The sentiment came from the same stamp set. To stamp "DAD," I used some selective letters from the other sentiments in the set. Sometimes you need to get creative when you're missing that one word you need to complete your card. 

After stamping the sentiment, I hand drew the speech bubble free-hand. I kind of like that my speech bubble did not come out perfectly round. Let's just say I was purposely going for that "handmade" look (uh, yeah. that's it.)

Either way, I think it really does fit the personality of this card - fun and a bit silly. 

See what the other girls have created for the Hey, Mister Group Project here:

AudreyElenaJenCSS Blog



P.S. Google Reader will end on July 1. Continue to follow my blog on Bloglovin to stay updated!



No comments:

Post a Comment