Waltzingmouse August Release | Day 2

8.08.2013

Welcome to the second day of previews of the new stamp sets to be released at Waltzingmouse Stamps! Available on August 10th, there will be nine new stamp sets - yes, nine!

Today, the design team is previewing three more sets. And this time it's a floral theme!
  • Simple Sprig
  • Two Step Sprig
  • Funky Flowers


If you're like me, then you just adore anything floral! That's why I am loving the newest floral stamps during this release. And with all the layering possibilities - let me just say...oh me, oh my! 

For my first card, I primarily used the new Funky Flowers set. This set is full of different flowers in all shapes and styles. And because you can stamp each flower into a single, double, triple or more layers...the possibilities are endless for creating a beautiful floral bouquet. 


I also got a little creative by creating a custom frame. Using the large flourish from Join Us and the straight edged line from Holiday Labels No. 14 stamps, I added blue embossing powder for lovely texture. Inside the frame, I used a sentiment from the Vintage Garden Seed Packet set. 


Next up, I created this card using both the new Simple Sprig and the Two Step Sprig stamps. I stamped two layers for the leaves to add dimension. For each flower bud, I added a subtle glitter using a gel pen (given to me by my sweet friend, Colleen, at sooofullofcraft). I just love the added detail from the glitter. 


Tomorrow, the design team will be back to showcase the next series of stamps to be released on August 10th. Yes, there's more!

To see the other designer's preview projects for today, head over to the Waltzingmouse blog for a complete list.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed seeing the previews so far!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous background on that first one, Kim! It's in SUCH soft and sweet colors! Awesome design with the sentiment you chose and that beautiful embossed frame. Another great layout on the second...those sparkly tiny roses are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful floral cards Kim! The colors on the first one are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors on your blooms Kim - and I love how your used the different stamps for your gorgeous framing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are great - but I love the way you paired the sentiment in the first one with those blooms. Inspired! The frame is pretty neat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what sweet images, Kim...love what you've done with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful cards. I think the flowers in this release really are great. I like the get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Your cards are my ab favs for the day! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete